Thursday, November 28, 2019

Review: One Timer by Toni Aleo

One Timer One Timer by Toni Aleo
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I honestly found it very hard to connect with this book. I wanted to. I tried. I even stopped reading this book, read another book, and came back to this one in my effort to be drawn into this story.

It was extremely well-written with a good story line about two parents trying to prevent their young daughter from throwing away her life and goals for the future in order to leave town with a young man who had, basically, given her an ultimatum of leaving town with him.

Three-quarters of the story is told in flash back so that they can relay to their daughter how the got together and how hard they had to work to stay that way. I didn't care for the peripheral characters - I think that may have been because some of their stories had already been told, leaving me feeling like things had happened in the past that may have been important to this story.

It was an okay read for me.I

My Rating: 💖💖💖

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Those Three Little Words

Those Three Little Words by Meghan Quinn My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my reviews