Thursday, October 10, 2019

Review: The Mogul and the Muscle by Claire Kingsley

The Mogul and the Muscle The Mogul and the Muscle by Claire Kingsley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed the second book in the Bluewater Billionaires series.

This one, by Claire Kingsley, features gorgeous red-head Cameron - the head of an aviation company and anonymous benefactor of a local STEM program. When Cameron successfully fights off an attempt at purse snatching by putting a classy stiletto through the would-be mugger's foot, her friends decide she needs a bodyguard.

Enter Jude Ellis, retired CIA operative and wanna-be-retired "problem solver" - except people keep being referred to him requiring his unique skill-set. I kept picturing Jude as a much taller version of Jason Statham - muscular, quick-witted, able to both blend in and stand out at the same time, and a man of unexpected talents. He not only speaks Russian but can effortlessly join in an 80's dance party with full costume pulled from his own closet! (I still want to know why Jude happened to have both a mesh crop top and parachute pants in his closet!!!)

But, I digress. While the threats against Cameron escalate, so does their attraction to one another. And, when an unlikely villain finally comes to the surface, Jude's many talents come into play to save Cameron's life. I also enjoyed the side story of Cameron's husband and wife team of live-in chef and trainer.

I highly recommend reading this book!

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

View all my reviews

My Rating:  💖💖💖💖💖

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Those Three Little Words

Those Three Little Words by Meghan Quinn My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my reviews