Saturday, May 25, 2019

In the Beginning

Some of my earliest memories involve books.  Big books, little books, picture books, coloring books, comic books...I have always been surround my friends - books.

My mom, God rest her soul, had a love for books. She had a dream of writing books, living in New York City and being married to a banker. She ended up with one of those three things - being married to a banker. But the other two things were not in the cards as we lived on a farm in East Tennessee and she ended up reading books instead of writing them. She used to read to me a lot when I was little and taught me to read before I was four and encouraged me to read anything I had an interest in. 

And read I did. I think I almost always had a book or magazine in my hand, beside my bed (or INSIDE my bed as my first "big girl" bed had a bookcase headboard!), in my purse. If you saw me you saw a book.   I read everything.  Biographies of Benjamin Franklin and George Washington Carver, Helen Keller and Marie Curie, Pete Rose and Billy Martin. Classics by Nathaniel Hawthorne, Washinton Irving, James Fennimore Cooper, Louisa May Alcott, the Bronte sisters, Charles Dickens, Walt Whitman, Robert Frost.  The list is endless!

So, I have decided to blog about what I am reading. I still have a varied range of genres that I enjoy reading - romance, mystery, thrillers, action, political intrigue, comedy.  I have been fortunate to be included in Advanced Reader teams for some of my favorite authors and am always amazed at the genius shown by these authors. Genius, Talent, and Courage.  Yes, Courage.  Because it takes guts for someone to pour themself onto the page for others to read, critique/review, enjoy (or not, in some cases), digest, and encourage or discourage even more people to purchase and read their hard work.

I hope to be able, through this blog, to introduce you to authors you may or may not be familiar with. I hope to encourage you to read an author, series, or genre you may not be familiar with.   My plan is to let you know what I am reading, share my review of it, and provide links for you to purchase it. Along the way, we may have some contests, sneak peeks, and some author swag to share.

Please feel free to interact, ask questions, and make comments. I promise to respond to each and every one of them but remember, if I don't get back to you right away then I probably glanced at my notification and went "not now...I'm reading.". 😏

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Those Three Little Words

Those Three Little Words by Meghan Quinn My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my reviews